The Judge wants more documents. Why is it that if one family gives her specific documents she thinks she can get the exact same documents from every family after that. What the Russian Judge does not realize is that in the US every state is different. Notaries can do different things in different states. Not every family is in the same situation. It is ridiculous but we just have to do what she says, one way or the other we have to do it.
I spent the days on Wed, Thursday and Friday between Mike's office in Midtown to get things notarized, the county clerks office on Chambers street and the Department of state on Williams street. And round and round I went.
I walked over 4 miles on Thursday between all the places and subways.
From 8 am to 8 pm I worked on this. At 7:45 finally all the documents were ready and I sent the FedEx off to the agency before the 8pm express FedEx deadline. All our documents got their on Friday morning.
Our new FBI background clearances came in the mail on Friday. The ones I received from our home study agency from our original clearance checks in June was an official looking letters from NYS stating we have no criminal background. They were requested directly by the home study agency. For some reason I thought the same type of letter was what we would get this time too. But, today by FedEx we received back our original finger print cards, with a 1/2 page paper note stapled to it that says see results on back of card. On the back bottom is a stamp that says 'NO Arrest Record' and the date. That is it. The stamp isn't even so dark. I had to get them notarized and apostilled too. I was afraid that when photocopied you could barely see the results stamp. Well, you can see it but not so well. That is all that we got from the FBI so I certainly hope it is okay. Not very official- no signature or official letter. I scanned them into an email and I will ask my agency about it on Monday.
I really wanted to take an 'adoption break' this weekend because the paperwork and craziness has been overwhelming this past week. Especially because I thought we would be in Russia already.
Mike and I vegged out on Saturday. We basically stayed in our PJ's in bed and on the couch all day. I think we are both feeling 'blah' just waiting. We are depressed, just waiting for the next phase of our life to begin, the road blocks are taking their toll on us. Vegging out was good. It helped with our 'blah' mood and I think we also both realize that once the girls are home we will not be able to that so it was a nice 'calm before the storm' type day. It is also freezing out. We have been keeping up with the weather in Tver and it seems that it is colder here than in Russia right now.
Now we wait- to see if the judge requests more or if she will give us a court date.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment