We are up way too early. I guess my dad couldn’t sleep. He was up playing on the computer at 3 am and one of my uncles saw that his skype was on and decided to call him forgetting that we were in Russia and there was a 9 hour time difference. I heard the computer ring and the conversation went something like “hey, what are you doing, nothing we just downloaded skype and we are trying it out, why are you calling me so early, what, it is 3 am, really oh sorry I’ll let you go, no don’t worry about it I am up anyway.” And they proceeded to have a normal conversation at 3 am. Thankfully I fell back asleep and slept until my alarm went off at 4:30 am.
The front desk person was asleep in the back round and the security guard asleep on the sofa in the lobby, thankfully the front door to the hotel was locked. He helped us down with our luggage and our van was prompt and waiting for us. There was absolutely no traffic as it is a holiday. We had a quick pit stop at Mcdonald's and got to the airport within 3 hours. The hotel packed us bag lunch/breakfasts with oranges, juices, yogurt, bread, salami and cheese. We ate a small breakfast at the airport and then my parents went off to check into their flight. I have another 2 hours to kill before I can check in and then another 2-3 hours to kill before boarding. But at least after I check in I will be without my big bag and can go to the lounge where they have Wifi. What did we do before we had all of this connection. This would have been a much harder trip if we weren’t able to Skype and email home family and friends.
I know I have so much to do once I get home and only four days to do it in. Laundry, dry cleaning, repacking, packing for the girls, packing for Connecticut, buying whatever else we need for the final trip. I am going to jam pack a lot into the 4 days I have at home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment