From: Levine, Michael
Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2009 11:11 PM
Subject: Russia Bound
Gentlemen:
Melissa and I got the final green light today, and so we will be off to Russia on Saturday to begin the second stage of our adoption journey. We will be in court on Friday Feb 13 (yes, Friday the 13th), and Monday Feb 16. Supposedly we will be questioned by both the judge and a prosecutor. Pretty brutal if you ask me.
Based on the info Melissa has received from couples who have gone to court over the past 6-10 months, it seems as if part of the process is for the judge or the prosecutor to try to rattle the parents (we've heard stories of woman crying as a result of questioning). Well, I do not think they will be able to shake me as I have many years of experience from taking loads of cr@p from all of you at one time or another.
Unfortunately, upon my return to the US on Wed Feb 18, I will not have the girls with me, because after court, the Russians will make us wait 10 business days until we can take the girls out of the orphanage. Of course, to our luck, there is a Russian holiday a few days after the Feb 16 court date, so that will prolong our wait. At this point, I will return to the US on Feb 17, Melissa's parents will join Melissa in Russia for a week, and then they will return around Feb 23, and then finally Melissa, my parents and I will return to Russia on Feb 28/Mar 1 for the third stage of the process. We do not have an exact return date, but we hope to fly back to the US with the girls Mar 10, Mar 11 or Mar 12.
Attached is the first great family photo. Meredith is sitting on Melissa's lap, and Danielle is sitting on my lap.
Michael
No comments:
Post a Comment