I had a nice breakfast with the Florida couple and their son before they left for Moscow for the final leg of their trip.
My parents got in around 10 and we quickly got them settled and I got to show them all the photos and videos of the girls. We had plenty of time before the afternoon visit with the girls so we set about to explore town and show them around. My dad was set on getting a real Russian hat so he asked the front desk where to find one. They sent us to a really nice hat shop literally right around the corner from our old hotel. We tried on a ton of hats and all three of us ended up getting one. Of course my dad’s was the cheapest… Now he looks like a real Russian. Especially with the mustache and hat on, he fits right in. My mom got a beautiful full fur one with cute ear flaps and pom pom bottoms. I got a cool trendy one with a big fur top. I love it. It is so warm and fun. I cant wait to wear it a lot. We all took the tags off and wore them right out of the store. Here are photos of us:
Since we were over by hotel Volga I took them to the Volga souvenir shop as I think it is the cheapest in town and also has a great selection. They bought dozens of small nesting dolls as gifts for friends and co-workers. Also a couple of the little wooden mirrors that are a specialty of Tver. We headed to the money changer in the hotel lobby and I was thrilled to have them experience 24 yaca for lunch so they can see what we ate for a week. It was a fun afternoon. We stopped in one or 2 more stores on our way back to the hotel. Rested and played on the computers before heading to the orphanage.
It was SO exciting to introduce my parents to their new granddaughters to see them interact with the girls. It was so much fun and really nice. My dad got some great photos and I took a couple of them with their new granddaughters. They got to experience the baby home, see their groupa and even meet the director and doctor. The doctor commented on how much me and my mom look alike. They were all really sweet.
Dinner and sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment