Tuesday, February 10, 2009

We see the Girls today!

We woke up so excited this morning to see the girls. We left at 9:30 to go directly to the orphanage. The smell of sour milk and cooked cabbage was more overwhelming than I had remembered. But, once you are there for a while you do not notice the smell anymore. The girls were brought right to us. They had been dressed in the Hello Kitty outfits that we brought for them on the first trip. This time Masha was in the pink and Dasha was in the Purple. I did not know if they would look exactly the same. I do not think they grew much But their hair is definitely longer. Masha has these adorable curls in the back and Dasha also has some waves. They were adorable. The outfits were still huge on them. The other couples daughter looked great too. The outfit she was dressed in was for 3-6 month olds. So I am sure all the 9 month clothing we bought and were given will still fit them when we get them home. Hopefully not for long though, as I hope they show a good increase in height and weight as soon as they get home.

The girls were just precious. Since we were there a bit early today I think they were both just woken up from a nap so it took a while for them to wake up and interact. But I was thrilled that they both came right to us. I doubt they remember us. We didn’t see them for 2 months. We did leave a small photo album for both but I am not certain that they kept them with the girls or if the girls even got to look at them while we were gone.

We had to play with them in the lobby area but thankfully were able to get a mat on the floor to play with them instead of keeping them confined to the sofa. Masha was very quiet and reserved. Michael had a wonderful time just sitting with her, rocking her, and rubbing her back. He has such a patient touch with her. They played and cuddled. Dasha on the other hand was a ball of energy that I had remembered her being. Now she can pull herself up stand unassisted and walk a few steps before falling over. It is absolutely adorable. She loves taking my glasses off of my face and putting every toy in her mouth. We definitely see an increase in development in Masha too. She is more dexterous and seems a little stronger than 2 months ago. She is still not crawling or standing but I am sure once we get her home and work with her she will catch up.

At 11:30 the Orphanage doctor can in and said the girls were tired. She did not want to over stimulate them on the first visit of the trip. We agreed that Masha was beginning to get fussy and rub her eyes so they took her up for her nap. Michael was devastated. He did not want to let her go. We waited 2 months for the chance to get back her to see them and they had wanted to take her away a ½ hour early than normal. We did not want to be without her. But, we are not their legal parents yet so we have to listen to what the heads of the orphanage tell us to do. We were sad to say good bye but happy to finally see her again and begin the rest of the process. Dasha on the other hand was still a ball of energy so we got to spend an extra ½ hour with her. She loves to play, practice walking and be a silly girl. At 12 ish we handed her back to caregivers and left for lunch. Off to our staple Russian restaurant. I had Salanca soup and some of Mike's pork chop. Here is the restaurant sign:

No comments:

Post a Comment