Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Drowning in Papers

I have gotten off to a great start on our paperwork.
  • Psych evaluation for Mike (he is sane!) came in the mail while we were in Russia. I already handed mine in (I am almost sane!)
  • Updated police checks were also in the mail upon our return.
  • I was able to make Doctor appointments for next week to update our medical letters and fill out the 8 Doctor medical forms for both of us.
  • · Mortgage letter is being worked on and the coop letter is on its way to me.
  • · Social Worker is working on the home safety and sanitation letter.
  • · My neighbor who is a real estate broker is helping with an assessor letter and apartment appraisal.
  • · As soon as I get the new 'certificate of assets' form from my agency Mike can begin to fill it in.


Everyone I have to depend on for these documents are being so receptive and helpful it feels wonderful. Especially after I show them photos of us with our two precious baby girls.
There is an end in sight and I am thrilled people are so helpful. I think the joy of the holiday season helps too. But I do need to get a lot of this done before people start leaving on vacations and holidays.
Other papers I have already finished:

  • · Copies of last 3 years of tax returns along with w2 forms.
  • · photo pages of pictures of us with the girls to present to the judge
  • · employer letters already brought to Russia


Items that I need but haven't figured out how to get them yet are:

  • · Offical document from NYS or NYC stating minimum wage or poverty level for our state
  • · Medical licensing letters from the state licensing agency for both of the doctors who fill out our 8 doctor medical forms.

Of course, I have not heard from the coordinator about which additional documents (on top of all the ones I already know about above) will be needed. The director of our adoption agency is at a conference the next few days so I am not sure I'll get the list this week. Hopefully the documents will not be too complicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment