The Girls Nursery is almost complete
This holiday week was spent working on the girls bedroom. We had so much fun. Well, not Mike and Neil, they spent the day putting together 2 cribs. First one took about 1 ½ hours. Second one only took 25 minutes. Neil and I also put up a light fixture and the matching valance to the bedding. It looks so great. Lulu had gotten us some beautiful embroidered pillow cases in Brussels. We bought inserts and Michael’s craft store, and they look so great on the bed. My parents and Lulu and I went to my friend Esther's house and loaded up two SUV’s full of extra cribs, twins clothing and toys. M&D will really get to know Esthers twins very well, hopefully more than just through their hand-me-downs. Esther, you have great taste, but most of you already knew this already. I barely have to buy anything for the girls for the first 6 months home because we got such great stuff from Esthers girls. The Nursery is almost complete. We need some more artwork; real shades (we still have up paper home depot temporary blinds up throughout the condo!) and a couple other things.
We are also gearing up for the trip back to Russia for court. We already have a double stroller, snowsuits, coming home outfits, toys etc. I am trying to figure out what our orphanage donation will be and am putting together all of the thank you gifts for Russia. I need gifts for all the orphanage staff, and slightly nicer things for the Orphanage director, social worker, our coordinator, translator, judge, driver etc. Lots of gifts to get. Thankfully after Christmas sales are helpful.
Bobo already found a cozy spot. We have put a stop to that right away!

Here are more of the room:

This holiday week was spent working on the girls bedroom. We had so much fun. Well, not Mike and Neil, they spent the day putting together 2 cribs. First one took about 1 ½ hours. Second one only took 25 minutes. Neil and I also put up a light fixture and the matching valance to the bedding. It looks so great. Lulu had gotten us some beautiful embroidered pillow cases in Brussels. We bought inserts and Michael’s craft store, and they look so great on the bed. My parents and Lulu and I went to my friend Esther's house and loaded up two SUV’s full of extra cribs, twins clothing and toys. M&D will really get to know Esthers twins very well, hopefully more than just through their hand-me-downs. Esther, you have great taste, but most of you already knew this already. I barely have to buy anything for the girls for the first 6 months home because we got such great stuff from Esthers girls. The Nursery is almost complete. We need some more artwork; real shades (we still have up paper home depot temporary blinds up throughout the condo!) and a couple other things.
We are also gearing up for the trip back to Russia for court. We already have a double stroller, snowsuits, coming home outfits, toys etc. I am trying to figure out what our orphanage donation will be and am putting together all of the thank you gifts for Russia. I need gifts for all the orphanage staff, and slightly nicer things for the Orphanage director, social worker, our coordinator, translator, judge, driver etc. Lots of gifts to get. Thankfully after Christmas sales are helpful.
Bobo already found a cozy spot. We have put a stop to that right away!
Here are more of the room:
We have some many cute outfits already. Between Lulu's shopping sprees and Esthers hand-me-downs, we are ready!
No comments:
Post a Comment