We have been registered in the region of Tver. Located aprox. 3 hours north west of Moscow, it is supposed to be a beautiful college town on the Volga River. We received The long awaited CALL on THANKSGIVING, before we stuffed ourselves with turkey.
Our agency has given us a lot to be thankful for. We are leaving for Moscow on Monday, December 8th. We are so excited to begin this adventure, and completely freaked out as well. We will stay in Russia for a week, visit the orphanage and then make our way home to wait for a court date.
I don't want to get all shady with everyone, but unfortunately because nothing is set in stone until we stand in front of the Judge in Tver in a couple of months, we cannot really give out a lot of details yet.
I want to welcome you all to follow us along on this journey. I will try to post as much as possible while in Russia and give you guys information as we learn it. I'm going to use this blog instead of sending individual emails to friends and family, it is just easier this way-sorry to be so impersonal. But this way you can follow along on your own time and check back whenever you want. Feel free to forward the link to anyone who might be interested. Let me know you are reading along. I look forward to seeing your comments along the way.
We love you all so much and thank you for your support.
Melissa & Michael
Sunday, December 7, 2008
We are going to Russia on Monday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment