Saturday, December 6, 2008

Welcome to Melissa and Michaels Adoption Adventure

Welcome to Melissa and Michael's Adoption Adventure


NOTE: I originally began this Blog back in December 2008 before we left for trip 1. I took the blog down to keep details of the adoption private until after the adoption was finalized. Now that we are almost home free, I am putting it back up. All original posts will go up first and in order. Unfortunately I lost everyones comments so please feel free to leave new ones.


Welcome to my new (first ever) blog.

Here's the background info:

Michael and I have been looking forward to having children for a long time. We talked about baby names on our first date. We finally took the plunge in 2005. Unfortunately, every time we got excited about our pending parenthood something tragic would happen. Our loss in January 2006 hurt, and then the traumatic loss of our precious twins, Eli and Samantha in March 2008 at 24 weeks shook us to the core. Life is not fair, and not in our control, as much as we’d like to think otherwise. We have been reluctant to really get excited about our adoption adventure for fear of another disappointment on our journey to become parents. There were too many unknowns and too much money and paperwork for me to equate it to a growing baby bump that puts smiles on mine and other people’s faces. I know so many of you have been so supportive and excited for us. Everyone has questions and concerns. As we get closer to actually travelling to Russia to find our future Russian Prince and/or Princess we have begun to think this might be real… That at the end of this journey there will be happiness and the pitter patter of little feet. Of course, we do not know where the end is, but, thankfully we now have a beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment