Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Last Documents

You'd think that this post would be a reflection on the past year- yada yada yada


But, we have no time for that.


I finished what I thought was all of our final paperwork in the past two days. Running around to the mortgage broker, notary, doctors, city clerk and department of state, I got everything done with time to spare. So I decided to come up to CT yesterday, to begin my vacation for the New Years Weekend. It is a complete blizzard right now and we are in White Out conditions. It is really beautiful looking outside, but I am happy I am inside and happy that I am not driving in weather. The bad news is that last night as soon as I got to CT I received an email from the agency stating that we needed ONE more document. This last document has to be completed ASAP so we can Fedex it with the rest of the documents for Friday delivery. Michael is not happy about that. He had to take time out from work to run around. We had to have an attorney sign a True & Accurate statement and attach it to a letter from Homeland Security. Basically, the Russians want us to have another FBI background check but we already have to have a full check for USCIS to receive government approval. It would be unnecessary and expensive to get another check. So, our agency got a letter from homeland security saying we already had an FBI check. We had to have an attorney letter notarized and have it certified and apostilled. So, after some frantic calls we got an attorney letter and Michael ran around Manhattan on New Years Eve day getting it all done. Mike FedEx'd his documents and I UPS'ed the rest to the agency. It is out of our hands!




Much thanks to Mike's Uncle Marty and the good people of the City government agencies that were open for Michael. He made it up to CT on the train and we both are thankful this year is OVER!!!




Everything will get to our agency on Friday January 2nd and immediately be sent out to Russia to our coordinator. It will be translated and She will bring it to the Region and deliver it to our Judge on Monday January 12th, which is the first day back for the Russian Government after their January New Years/Russian Orthodox Christmas holidays.




Here is to a quiet beginning of 2009.


No comments:

Post a Comment